DEALING WITH HABITS
Habit is an acquired behavioral pattern regularly followed until it has become almost an involuntary action. It is an action done repeatedly by a person that have eventually become part of that person.
Satan came to afflict and lure people to sin; engaging them in the abominable act and causing them to suffer eternal regret and condemnation.
Jesus came to cure and uplift; bring stability to our destinies and to bestow upon us eternal blessings; above all, to give us eternal life.
There are two kinds of habit
- Good habit
- Bad habit
What to know about habits.
There are four things you knew to know about habits:
- Good and unhealthy habits are formable and stoppable. Habits are not beyond your control, you can control them.
- They are the direct products of the choices we make on daily basis.
- Good and unhealthy habits are primarily formed from personal thoughts, words from a person other than one’s self and from personal and environmental experiences or happenings.
- Habits can live beyond you; they transcend your generations.
A good habit is a proper or satisfactory manner one repeatedly exhibits that depicts a high standard behaviour in reaction to a specific situation. When you portray a good behaviour in line with God’s word, you cause God to interfere in your affairs. Some good habits such as forgiveness, always joyful, caregiving, compassion, polite, praiseful, etc, keeps you on the right part of a good relationship with God.
A bad habit is a kind of habit you portray that is contrary to the word of God. It is an addition to a wrong lifestyle or a behavioural pattern
That has been coincidental, identified by two or more persons as an issue of concern.
The following are some unhealthy habits people including some believers practice:
- Alcoholism, drinking and serving it.
- Lesbianism, homosexuality, masturbation
- Practicing tape, witchcraft, insolence, disobedience, lies, malice ungratefulness
- Lawlessness, pimps, stealing, armed robbery
- Premarital deception and so on.