CLEAN HANDS AND A PURE HEART
He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation. Psalm 24: 4-5
He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;
He shall dwell on high: his place of defense shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure. Isaiah 33: 14-16.
Who can stand under the purification process of God? Who can remain unchanged through the fire of God? That’s the question Isaiah asks and then answers. He lays out a list of traits for the kind of people who can stand in a crisis. Ponder his description.
- Integrity: The leader’s life and words match, verse 15.
- Justice: The leaders reject dishonest gain, verse 15.
- Convictions: The leader’s values won’t allow him to accept bribes, verse 15.
- Positive focus: The leader refuses to dwell on destructive issues, verse 15.
- Pure: The leader disciplines his or her mind to remain clean and pure, verse 15.
- Secure: The leader is firm, stable in his identity and source of strength, verse 16.